Valley Alliance for Education Board members work closely each year with the Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge to review nominations for the Dawbarn Awards. Created to reward individuals for their work to improve public education, encourage good citizenship, and foster learning among young people in the public schools of Augusta County, Staunton, and Waynesboro, Dawbarn Awards may be given to teachers, guidance counselors, secretaries, bus drivers, custodians, school volunteers, tutors, community leaders, and others who have a positive impact on public education.
2022 Dawbarn Education Award Recipients
- Brad Bryant – Carpentry Instructor at Valley Career and Technical Center
- Leon “Coach” Cash – Instructional Aid in the Special Education Dept. Buffalo Gap High School
- Erica Cason,- 4th Grade teacher at Stuarts Draft Elementary School
- Wanda Hulse – Career and Technical Education Teacher at Waynesboro High School
- Melody Puffenbarger – Librarian at Thomas C. McSwain
- Samantha Sterrett – Culinary Arts and Nutrition/Wellness teacher, Staunton High School
- Ashley “Spice” Suddarth – Kate Collins Middle School
- Beth Teachey – English teacher, Valley Academy Regional Alternative School
- Julia Urban – 5th grade teacher at Clymore Elementary School, STEAM Specialist
- Dr. Jelisa Wolf – Executive Director of Student Services Staunton City Public Schools
Congratulations to these well derserving recipients!
For additional information or to obtain a nomination form, visit www.communityfoundationcbr.org, or contact Miriam Burrows at 540/213-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org